Seminar – Molecular Genetics and Cellular Biochemistry (Part 1)
|Kod przedmiotu:||WBT-MBT2-15E||Kod Erasmus / ISCED:||(brak danych) / (0512) Biochemia|
|Nazwa przedmiotu:||Seminar – Molecular Genetics and Cellular Biochemistry (Part 1)|
|Jednostka:||Wydział Biochemii, Biofizyki i Biotechnologii|
Obligatory subjects for 2 year Molecular Biotechnology - winter semester 2020/2021
|Punkty ECTS i inne:||
(w zależności od programu)
zobacz reguły punktacji
Zajęcia w cyklu "Semestr zimowy 2020/2021" (jeszcze nie rozpoczęty)
|Okres:||2020-10-01 - 2021-01-28||
zobacz plan zajęć
Seminarium, 30 godzin więcej informacji
|Prowadzący grup:||Hanna Rokita|
|Lista studentów:||(nie masz dostępu)|
|Zaliczenie:||Przedmiot - Zaliczenie|
(tylko po angielsku) - Stimulation to independent gaining of knowledge on the newest achievements in biotechnology, molecular genetics and biochemistry as well as on the newest research techniques based on the best English-written research articles
- Gaining excellence in presentation of published
research and of own research results
- Gaining improvement of competence in participation in discussion of own projects based on general knowledge
- Consolidation of rules of using knowledge without violation of intellectual property
(tylko po angielsku) Knowledge:
- Student is to increase theoretical knowledge in some aspects of biotechnology including molecular genetics, and cellular biochemistry (BT2K_W01)
- Student has knowledge in current problems and discoveries in biotechnology and related sciences (BT2K_W04)
- Student has deepened knowledge in methodology used in cellular research at molecular level, and methodology used during preparation of MSc thesis (BT2K_W07) (BT2K_W02)
- Student is familiar with basics of protection of intellectual property (BT2K_W09)
- Student is competent in finding theoretical and practical information (also through internet) necessary for his research project on biochemistry, biomedicine and biotechnology (BT2K_U02) (BT2K_U03)
- Student is capable to prepare an oral presentation regarding each element of the presentation, based on research papers (BT2K_U08, BT2K_U10)
- Student can analyze his own research results based on research articles published in English (BT2K_U08)
- Student has fluency in English at the level allowing reading and understanding of research articles (BT2K_U11)
- Student understands need for continuous increasing and bringing up to date his knowledge directly connected with the subject of MSc thesis (BT2K_K01)
- Student is aware of continuous need for society to be informed on current advances in biotechnology (BT2K_K02)
- Student is aware of bioethical problems arising from usage of biological material (including human) in research (BT2K_K04)
- Student understands importance of intellectual honesty in his own and other people activities (BT2K_K05)
(tylko po angielsku) None
|Forma i warunki zaliczenia:||
(tylko po angielsku) Credits depend on positive mark from 2 - 3 oral presentations and participation in discussion; possible students absence – 2 per semester including 1 sick leave
|Metody sprawdzania i kryteria oceny efektów kształcenia uzyskanych przez studentów:||
(tylko po angielsku) Credit of the module is based on positive marks from 2 - 3 oral presentations. There is no grade for the module.
Seminar leader is giving opinion verbally evaluating students knowledge on given subject, way of presentation, awareness of author’s law and compliance of author’s law, preparation of presentation including its technical aspect, delivery, participation in discussion on subjects presented by other students and ability to critically comment on scientific hypotheses based on broad knowledge.
(tylko po angielsku) Practical methods – oral presentation with slides, activating methods - discussion
|Bilans punktów ECTS:||
(tylko po angielsku) 3
Activity Expenditure of labour
Participation in seminar 30 h
Preparation of seminar (including preparation of 2 or 3 oral presentations - 40 h and reading of articles concerning presentations by other students) 60 h
Total 90 h
(tylko po angielsku) |
First seminar is devoted to organization of work throughout the semester, including fixed sequence of presentations and description of requirements of the module. All subsequent seminars are for three presentations, each with description of a MSc project subject, aim of the MSc theses, methods used. Other students together with the seminar leader participate in discussion of a presentation. The seminar leader is summarizing each presentation depicting the best and the worst aspects as well as stimulating discussion.
(tylko po angielsku) |
The latest research papers connected with the subject of MSc project, papers recommended by MSc project supervisor and/or by seminar leader.
(tylko po angielsku) |
Seminars are scheduled for Thursdays, through MS Teams at 9.30-11.00.
First meeting: October 8, 2020, at 9.30-11.00.
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie.